Sunday, April 15, 2007

Easter Break and Broken Stuff

Because Australians celebrate Easter with an entire week of holidays, so did Malaysian students at Monash University. Despite my parents leaving the house to us siblings for a trip to Macau and Hong Kong, I had little to rejoice about, sadly.

First up are the omnipresent assignments. Needs no explanation here. Once again, my itchy fingers and wandering mind resulted in very little work being done. I'm beginning to think that this condition is part of my DNA, as that will explain why I've tried for so long to get rid of it but failing every friggin' time.

And then there's me accidentally reversing my car into a large, stationary object which I shall refrain from naming at the moment. Needless to say, my parents will be pretty damn pissed when they return home.

And possibly the worst of all calamities to have befallen me during the break:

My
iPod
Friggin'
Broke!!!

This time, I think it's for real, because I don't hear the hard disk buzzing anymore.

If not because of that one single time where I successfully cooked a proper dinner for my siblings (with the help of Miss Chee; thanks a bunch!), I might have cried over the nonsense that was this holiday...

Plus, when the Mom and Dad sees the mess that the house is in, I'm so gonna get an earful from them. Bloody hell.

Lastly, don't forget to watch this week's So You Think You Can Dance on 8tv; my brother's definitely appearing on this episode (read the post below).

Holy flipping crap! I'm going to bed at 5.30am... What an idiot.


Pointless Fact of the Day:
The second largest company in the world by market capitalisation, General Electric, doesn't just manufacture electrical components. In fact, half of all its earnings are from financial services. The conglomerate, founded by Thomas Edison, dabbles in many industries; it even owns NBC and Universal Studios, both with their own myriad of subsidiaries. That said, the GE family tree is so confusing that I didn't bother taking more than a single glance at it.

Zhen was here at 4:49 am,