Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Today, a friend of mine (let's call her Trudy for the purposes of this story) wanted to borrow 25th Hour, a Spike Lee movie, from the Monash library (let's just say that she skipped missed a film studies class where she was supposed to see it). Because she couldn't use her Monash ID Card to borrow the DVD (let's just say that she forgot to renew her library membership), I agreed to let her use mine.

So off we went to the library's media storage room in search of 25th Hour. After browsing through a whole bunch of interesting titles for about five minutes or so, we certified that the DVD was missing. But the trip wasn't entirely fruitless, though, because I found this:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (without a question mark)

That's right, people, it's one of the coolest and funniest movies to ever have human actors and animated characters on screen at the same time. Then again, I've yet to watch Mary Poppins, so you may question my judgment, but come on, there's no other movie that can claim that it had characters from so many different studios appearing together; Donald and Daffy Ducks duelling on pianos, Bugs and Mickey parachuting side by side, Droopy (the dog) as an elevator-operator-person... It's the stuff that kids' dreams are made of.



I've tried getting this off BitTorrent for a while now but I failed on multiple occasions due to aggravatingly slow download speeds. Now that I've got a hard copy of it, not only have I watched it twice, but I'm also not breaking any international copyright laws in the process! Sweet.

Now if only I could find a CD/DVD of Dick Tracy.

Pointless Fact of the Day:
Disney and Warner Bros signed a contract stating that their mascots, Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny, should receive exactly the same amount of screen time; that's why both icons appeared in the same scene, together. If I recall, they even spoke exactly the same number of words. Talk about being anal.

Zhen was here at 10:44 pm,