Saturday, August 04, 2007

More Optical-Sensory Assaultory Goodness

I'm trying my best to prevent ly4444.blogspot.com from degenerating into a lousy photoblog (because I post lousy photos; I'm not saying that photoblogs are lousy). I'm much too busy to rant lyrical about stuff these days that I only have time to post up pictures and parade my perpetually-packed schedule for all to see. And thus, here it goes:

20th July 2007 - Orientation Party Semester Two
The theme was "Fright Night". I'm still wondering why the heck did Hui Ling (the Activities Chairperson) pick this theme when Halloween was more than three months away. It didn't really matter in the end, though, as the party became an excuse for people to come dressed up in outrageous Halloweeny costumes.

Because I lacked any proper costumes, I just took out the most emo-looking shirt I had in my wardrobe (never wore it before; mom bought it from Bandung), slapped on a crimson tie, got the helpful Ms Kit Wei Li to rig me with some eyeliner and voila! you get Gerard Way:

When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band!

Here's some pictures of the rest who dressed up that night:

From left to right: Darren Ng Peck Yun in his Japanese 20th World Scout Jamboree happi, Jimmy Thoo as Anakin Skywalker, me being emo, and the belle of the ball, Dahlia Martin as a corpse bride. The one standing is our pro-vice chancellor, Professor Merilyn Liddell, dressed as, uh, a Chinese.

And here's the Monash Performing Arts Club (MPAC) gang! A bunch of pirates, a devil, a pontianak, and a ghost.

We later adjourned to McDonald's, eliciting a shitload of stares from passersby (duh!). I only went home at 2am that night. In fact, during the first and second week of the semester, I only ate dinner at home four times, and I went home after midnight six times... such is my life, and I'm lovin' it (pa-dap pap pap pa!).

24th to 27th July 2007 - Clubs and Societies (CnS) Week
Back to back heavy events make Zhen a very tired man. On the previous week (the one with the Fright Night) I met up with the MPAC crew every other night to prepare a performance for the CnS Week opening on Tuesday the 24th. Because I was also in Malaysian Nature Society, Monash (MNSM), I had to help set up the booth for the CnS Week too. By virtue of moving around a couple of my tutorial slots, I managed to free up time to aid Darren in the morning. Here's the booth being set up:

Once the clock struck 12, it was time for the MPAC performance. We sang and (tried to) danced Summer Nights from Grease. Guess who took the lead male role?

Yup: The geekiest, nerdiest Danny Zuko that ever existed. Moi.

And here are the sexy ladies...

A lot more people than I expected showed up for the performance. It was really motivating to see such a large audience.

Oh, and because I was a school representative in the student council, immediately after the performance I had to join Peter in introducing the concept of Monash Voice Out aka MVO aka complaints box to the students. Once that was over with, it was back to manning the MNSM booth for the rest of the day (until my classes came along). Since it was a Tuesday, there's choir practice that evening, too; I can recall falling asleep at traffic lights as I drove to TTDI...

I'm a bloody glutton for punishment.

The booth-manning continued until Friday, too. Fortunately, the hard work paid off when we were awarded best booth by the CnS Division; a prize of RM100 to the club! It's not much, but we take everything we can get, heh heh.

29th July to 4th August 2007 - The Week That Was
The past week had been so much less hectic than the weeks before, except for the occasional relentless requests from certain Monash Admin that sent Mr Ng and I running around campus performing errands.

Oh yeah, during MNSM's AGM (Annual General Meeting; a blatant misnomer) I got elected as the new club President! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Last, but not least... I'm no longer a teenager anymore! I just turned twenty I am now twenteen!!! Thanks to everyone that wished me, I love the whole lot of you~

Pointless Fact of the Day:
Celery has a negative calorific value; although it is rich in carbohydrates, most of it are in cellulose form which humans cannot digest. As a result, our body spends more energy digesting the greenstick than it actually extracts from it.

Unfortunately for dieters around the world, the energy expended is so negligible that you might as well have been playing pool or foosball. Yay to all the lounge frequenters in Monash. As for the rest of you, stick to your "Tomorrow" diets; the diet which always starts tomorrow.

Zhen was here at 9:28 am,