Saturday, April 28, 2007

Instant Gratification

It's late in the dead of the night and I've been slogging at my assignment for hours on end. Business Law's a bitch, but the bigwigs in Monash Australia decided that it's relevant enough to be a compulsory first year subject. I ain't complaining; I like the law. It creates certainty in this chaotic universe we live in. Of course, there are assholes appearing now and then to make a mess of things... that's when I get to do my real work.

That is, if I were a lead character in a piece of noir fiction.

Unfortunately, life's not so kind as to be interesting enough for publishing, so I retrieve snacks from the pantry to satiate my bellowing belly. I decided that corn would do that job right.


A packet of Mascorn American Super Sweet, at only about four bucks a pack, was a bargain. Mascorn offered other product lines, but this was the real deal. My tongue took to the others like Superman to kryptonite.


So I filled a little bowl with the magic stuff, still frozen...


...then set a microwave to the medium setting and nuked the maize for almost three minutes.


Finally, on goes the margarine or butter, though I don't suggest the latter. One might even add salt if desired, but today felt like an ordinary day, so I decided against it. The result? A bowl of instant gratification at its finest. Cheap as heck too, so there's less guilt to be suffered by my wallet.

And then it's back to that damned Business Law assignment...

Pointless Fact of the Day:
Male barnacles (they're actually hermaphrodites, but whatever) have the longest penis-to-body ratio in the world. One of these organs can extend up to ten times the length of the animals' body, in search of nearby female barnacles. I guess it can be likened to lobbing balloons filled with semen into your neighbour's yard when their daughters are out and about.

Zhen was here at 9:45 pm,