Saturday, May 12, 2007

Weekender

I wish to thank whoever it was that created the concept of weekends, a social construct to relieve the stresses of a five-day workweek over a two-day period. If I were to have the same amount of slogging around on Saturdays and Sundays as I do for the rest of the week I'd have lost it by now. Fortunately for me, I've always had Friday nights to look forward to, when I could do almost anything I wanted without worrying too much about possible repercussions; for example, catching up on my sleep debt with a 12 hour sandman visit.

Saturdays are pretty lazy too. Typical of students, I always tell myself that I still have Sunday to finish whatever work I have left, which explains the frequency of my updates these days. But I guess weekly updates are better than none at all.

In any case, while last week had been really busy (compared to the usual 'pretty busy'), there's nothing really worth blogging about except going to Ruums on Thursday night to support my brother in So You Think You Can Dance. Here are some pictures:

Dennis Yin and his partner, Rebecca "Becky" Lee

The Top 16

Again...

L-R: A friend of my dad's, me, my cousin, my mom, my brother's girlfriend.
Holding the camera: My dad.

Thankfully, he wasn't in the bottom four again and we were able to save our mobile credit. The judges' comments were more positive than negative, too, so I guess he'll probably stay in for a few more weeks or so.

To tell you the truth, all this while I was actually learning how to dance too (thanks to seeing my brother do so well), but because I'm lanky I look weird dancing and therefore too embarrassed to upload anything online... for now. Maybe someday I'll be intoxicated enough to put up the video, but sadly for all of you I'm sober today. Then again I don't really like alcohol, so I guess there goes the possibility, heh heh.

Anyway, this weekend I have decided to be slightly more reasonable than usual, so I won't spend too much time blogging and will start on my homework on a Saturday. Too bad for you, huh?

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Pointless Fact of the Day:
Sticking to the theme of dancing, the fastest dancer in the world according to the Guinness World Records is James Devine, an Irish tap dancer who could tap a friggin' 38 taps a friggin' second. You might want to look up his videos on YouTube.

Zhen was here at 11:55 am,