Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A crash diet that bulimics and anorexics alike could dream of

I find it so ironic that after going on a bit about celery and diets, on the very same Saturday which I used to write about the aforementioned topic, I found myself an unwilling adherer to a crash diet that bulimics and anorexics alike could dream of.

It all began with a meal at a seafood restaurant. The plot thickens after midnight as I struggled in my bed trying to sleep with an incredibly bloated stomach. Then wave after wave of pain of the indigestion kind came crashing on mine poor little foodsack. This was accompanied by four hours of extremely erratic slumber; I couldn't remain asleep for more than 20 minutes at a stretch before awaking from the pain.

And finally, it happened. At around 4am I felt as though my throat was about to leap right out of my mouth. I ran to the kitchen sink and proceeded to unload about 3 litres worth of partially-digested food into it. I've possibly never felt more relieved in my entire life the past year... so I went back to bed.

And then I woke up with a fever, more indigestion pains, and a backache from lying in a foetal position all night.

Since Sunday, I've had no appetite whatsoever to eat. Any strong, oily smell of cooked food reminded me of the pungent stench of the vomit on Saturday night. As a result, I've only eaten two apples and two nectarines since Sunday morning, losing quite a bit of weight in the process. Hopefully I don't find cooked food as vomit-inducing today as I did yesterday...

Pointless Fact of the Day:
The Yangtze river dolphin is now extinct. Says a lot about the state of our environment, innit?

Zhen was here at 8:54 am,