Sunday, November 05, 2006

Fur-ee-dum!

Examinations are over, and thus I now have the mandate to slack off without retribution! Happy happy, joy joy! But how does one fill a three-month-long holiday, you wonder? Me too. So I came up with a to-do list:

1. NaNoWriMo
Short for National Novel Writing Month, it's an international (yeah, the 'National' part is a tad misleading) initiative to get people to produce 50,000-word stories. It's all about the quantity, baby; the icon below my tagboard logs my updated wordcount. The premise of this 'contest' is kinda hard to digest at first, so I suggest those of you who are interested to check this out. Also, I'm keeping a separate blog to record the progress (or lack thereof) of my work.
Yeah, I know I'm inviting destructive criticism by advertising my subpar 1337 writing skillzorz, but who gives a shit these days, huh?

2. 'Charity' Work
Under the YKLS; we're commissioned to sing selections from our Malaysian Affair concert at an international bazaar that's to be held in Subang Parade on the 17th of this month. I'll get more details on that so maybe those of you who want to get a taste of the concert you missed can come over and check us out.

3. 15th SJBA Youth Dhamma Camp
Announcement: I'm actually technically a passport Buddhist. So that makes me just as atheistic as the next agnostic. Then again, most Buddhists are also technically atheistic... In any case, I refuse to allow religion to alienate me from other people, so I'll crash baptisms and Bar Mitzvahs whenever I have the urge to immerse myself in someone else's faith. I make an exception for Mormons, though.
Okay, I lost myself there. I'll cut to the chase: I'm helping out at a camp. It's gonna take up a lot of my December (cue Linkin Park song).
That could've been short, huh? But it's just unseemly to have a tiny entry, so I rambled on a bit to make myself look smarter.

4. Books!
I went on a spending spree earlier this year, and I still have five novels and one autobiography to go. Am currently devouring Neil Gaiman's American Gods, yum.

5. Gaming
The quintessential pastime of the urban male. Sue me.

Of course, this to-do list is a work in progress. There are a myriad other things too, but I think these five should be more than enough to keep me occupied. So until the next time, I hope you either enjoy your holidays or suffer your finals. Party on, dudes and dudettes!

Zhen was here at 12:28 am,