Monday, May 26, 2008

Nobody wants to be a good vibrator

I've completed the last assignment I have for the semester, leaving only two weeks of studying and a string of chamber choir performances between today and my first paper on the 9th of June. Holy final exams, Batman! Of course, being the natural-born procrastinator that I am (aren't we all; what are you doing reading my blog? Go do your work!), I have yet to begin my revision proper. That, and the fact that prior to this I was working on finishing the aforementioned assignment.

In any case, the Young KL Singers Chamber Choir will be performing three times, twice this weekend and once next Friday, of which two are open to the public. First up is called Singing for Funds at KLPac, organised by the Young Choral Academy:

Click on the picture, pweeeeese?

It's a charity concert in aid of the Cyclone Nargis victims in Myanmar. Admission is based on a donation of any amount, paid at the door; what excuse do you have not to come?!
Date: Friday, 30th May 2008
Time: 8-10pm
Location: Indicine, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPac), Sentul
Fee: Donation of any amount
The other public concert that we'll be performing in is the Friday evening recital at the 6th Young Singers Choral Festival.

Click on this too

The festival actually lasts four days, and there are a ton of other recitals for you musically-inclined people to attend. On the night we're performing, the Johor Bahru Chamber Choir is singing as well. It's only RM12 for an hour-long concert of 20 songs in total; what excuse do you have not to come?!
Date: Friday, 6th June 2008
Time: 8.30-9.30pm
Location: Pentas 1, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPac), Sentul
Fee: RM12; contact tickets@klpac.com or 03-40479000
So come to these shows and support the Young KL Singers Chamber Choir! Yes, our current name is a mouthful. We've been considering naming ourselves properly for once and for all. For a very long time I've been championing Schizophonic/ -phonia/ -phones/ something to that effect, but my suggestion has been falling on deaf ears. Right now I'm pushing for The Good Vibrations, but it's quite likely that that won't make the cut either.

I mean, how cool is it to be able to introduce yourself, "Hi, my name is Zhen and I'm a good vibrator"?

I suppose that in the chamber choir right now, nobody wants to be a good vibrator.

Pointless Fact of the Day:
I don't believe anybody ever bothered Wiki-ing Milo up, the ubiquitous chocolate-malt drink you find everywhere in Malaysia. Stuff like these are so taken for granted that hardly anybody bothers about the story behind the Milo.

Random facts from good-ol' Wiki-ing:
  1. Milo is created in Australia in 1934
  2. Today, about 90% of the world's Milo is consumed in Malaysia (I think this figure is debatable, though)
  3. Larger Wal-Marts in America do in fact stock the predominantly Asian-consumed drink... In the Hispanic foods aisle.
And all this because I saw Izuan's MSN message: "When I was younger I used to say MeeLo. Now that I'm more sophisticated, I say MyLo."

By the way, MyLo is the correct pronunciation, if you're wondering.

Zhen was here at 8:56 am,