Thursday, May 15, 2008

2:44AM

It's 2:44AM in now and I'm still wide awake. Well, more exactly, I'm doing work after having three hours of sleep, and I thought that it might be a good idea to work up my thinking muscles* through a little blogging before I get to doing my assignment. Furthermore, it's very, very unlikely that I get around to posting my Singapore trip around here due to this week's workload. It's the dreaded assignment-test combo all over again, resulting in the usual self-induced insomnia just to get in that little extra bit of work before your body completely exhausts itself and you crash.

In other news, my pal Aaron Teoh, who some of you know as the hyperactive little kid who's actually much older than he actually looks, follows Family Guy like religion and bursts into Chewbacca-inspired growls from out of seemingly nowhere, etc. will be starring in his college play (Sunway College's Performance & Media Department, to be exact) entitled Equus, about "a psychiatrist who attempts to treat a young man who has a pathological religious/sexual fascination with horses". Sounds like a good premise for a play, no? It's also the one that got worldwide attention when Mr. Harry Potter acted as the aforementioned young man, in the nude.

These look almost like publicity stills for a superhero movie. The Shirtless Horseman?

I can't tell if Aaron is in this photo or not

By comparison, the Sunway version will definitely be less controversial due to the lack of exposed dick. Anyway, Aaron will be playing the part of the psychiatrist, Dr. Martin Dysart, and here's the details:
Title: Equus
Venue: Sunway College Roof Top Theatre
Date & Time: Thu 15 - Sun 18 May 2008 (Thu-Sat: 8.30pm; Sun: 3pm)
Tickets: RM10 (limited seats)
Ticket Contact: 012-350 0626
For more details, check out KLue and Kakiseni.

It's 3:10AM now and I just realised that I spent the past 20-odd minutes doing nothing but plug Sunway College's play. I should get paid for this...

*There's actually no such thing as thinking muscles, just neurons firing up in frying up your brain

Pointless Fact of the Day:
Here's a little tidbit* before I actually post about the YKLS Singapore trip. In Singapore, you can buy anything, and you can buy whatever:



Specially created for the enjoyment of people who just can't bloody decide what to drink when they go out to eat, or those who are usually totally indifferent like me. The premise is that you don't know the flavour of your drink until you pop the tab. Anything refers to the carbonated version, while Whatever is non-carbonated. The flavours include:
Anything: Carbonated Orange, Root Beer, Apple
Whatever: Lemon Tea, Grape

Personally, I think it's a product that covers a niche market really well, i.e. the market of people who just don't give a shit what they're drinking.

*
Speaking of tidbits, I find it so funny how so many Malaysians spell it as titbits. It's like, "Would you like some bits of tit?!"

Zhen was here at 3:32 am,