Monday, November 05, 2007

End of A Sem and Off to Jakarta

And am I glad that it had finally ended. This semester had been my busiest yet, with the culmination of so many activities and events within the short span of two and a half months. Here's the rundown:

July:
Orientation
Orientation Party
Clubs & Societies Week


August:
Environmental Week
MNSM & MEX BBQ Party
A Capella Fest
Kuen Cheng Girls School Performance
Monash Street Carnival & Motorshow
Merdeka Car Accident*


September:
Monash Talent Time
Chiling Waterfall Hike
International Coastal Cleanup Day
Monash Ball

YKLS Concert: Move It!

October:
Student Council Elections

And just over were my finals; I actually have another paper tomorrow, but I had it deferred to January. Because I'm flying down to Jakarta tomorrow!

While the rest of you Monashians studied, I almost had to spend almost every October night at choir. You see, the YKLS is sending a group to compete in the 1st Asian Choir Games! Naturally, I'm part of that motley crew. We'll be singing in the pop category, with popular Malaysian tunes (re-)arranged for our four-part choir. And so, until the 11th I'll be in Indonesia with 20 other choristers, singing our lungs out with the goal of getting a silver-level award. Wish us luck!

Now, this post would be much longer if not because I have to leave for the airport in 30 minutes or so... So no pointless fact for today. See ya when I return!

Zhen was here at 3:30 am,