Thursday, January 31, 2008

This is my December (Part 2)

Yeah, it's silly writing about December when February is just a day away, but I have to finish what I started. Also, I have a lot more stuff to write about in the next few days, so I'll keep this one short.

22nd December 2007 - SJBA YS 15 NOW
First of all, the Subang Jaya Buddhist Association Youth Section 15th Anniversary Concert: The Night of Wonders (aka SJBA YS 15 NOW) was a smashing success, at least according to my standards. Initially, I was quite worried about pulling the emcee role off (what else would I be good for?); I always try to be funny, but because everyone knows that humour is relative, during the full rehearsal, almost nobody at all laughed at my funny bits (and I'm not referring to what's tucked inside my pants).

But it was laugh after laugh during the real show, and there were even giggles at parts that I didn't intend to be funny at all, so it was all good. Heck, my name got printed in The Star (albeit only as a passing mention), too! Happy happy, joy joy. Now if only I wore contacts and remembered to cut my hair before the thing...

Courtesy of Alvin Low; all the pictures my dad took were blur.

27th to 30th December 2007 - SJBA YS 16th Youth Dhamma Camp
It was one temple activity after another; I was one of the two programmers in this camp, the other being the aforementioned Alvin Low. Too much happened during that four days and three nights than I would bother to write about, so once again I'll let the pictures do the talking...

...except that I don't have any with me at the moment. Watch this space for updates, but if we're unlucky, you won't get to see any (I don't have any from last year's camp, either).

31st December 2007 - Countdown at The Curve
Fresh from the camp, we gathered once again to celebrate the new year at The Curve. It was quite fun with a turnout of more than 30 camp participants.

Jumpshot!

Another!

Jumping on TV!

30 or so familiar faces at The Curve.

And I'm spent. For now.

Pointless Fact of the Day:
Hasbro is coming up with the Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition where you can buy property from cities around the world. The thing is; which cities would make the cut? That's where we come in. People can vote for their Top 10 choices at this site. You only have 30 days left! You can also check out the leaderboard here, it's really interesting to find out what the most popular cities are. KL is currently at 49! Only the top 20 will make it, plus 2 wildcard nominees.

For what it's worth, I voted Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Dubai, New York, Los Angeles, Dublin, Tokyo, St. Petersburg, Hong Kong, and London.

Zhen was here at 1:10 am,