Friday, November 30, 2007

Why did I see this coming?

You all know how crazy my schedule looked like for the past semester. Looks like it paid off in my spectacularly unspectacular results.

Read 'em and weep.

Two credits for my Business units! Oh-Emm-Eff-Gee! And just when I thought I was going to maintain that single abominable letter C on my results transcript when I graduate... Gah! The worst part about this is that I saw it coming. I did very badly for the mid-semester tests for both of those papers, and had to do very well for the finals just to eke out a distinction.

And why didn't I do well? Read: Past semester schedule, once again.

Sigh.

Oh, the "DEF" in the results slip stands for a deferred paper; I had to defer the exam to a later date due to my Jakarta trip. Hey, don't look at me like that. I already bought the flight ticket in May, while the exam timetable only came out in September.

And the high distinction for Contemporary Television Studies doesn't really count, because it's an elective. Granted, if not for that unit, I wouldn't have fallen for happy thing number three Carrie (gotta get use to this), but that's a story I shall leave to your imagination. I'm just blogging about this because it makes me feel better, that the subjects I took last semester actually mean something to me.

In any case, I'm still somewhat pissed at myself that I didn't even achieve half of my target of 8 HDs for this semester. This is exacerbated by the fact that I only have myself to blame for that. If only I knew how to say no ("Tak nak!") to all those posts and responsibilities, I wouldn't have gotten into this crap in the first place...

Sigh (again).

Oh well, looks like I'm back to where I started. Is that my mom's nagging I hear faintly in the background...?

Pointless Fact of the Day:
I got this link from Kathia's blog. Endal is sure one heck of a dog. He's like the Bono of dogs. Because they both have a lot of awards. Hardy har har.

Zhen was here at 2:27 am,