Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A gift for a friend

Originally, this was supposed to be entitled "How To Make A Birthday Gift", but I lost all the pictures of the effort put into making this... Damn you Sony CLIÉ!

Anyways, here's the original picture I used for reference. I'll rotate the picture when I have the time (possibly never). For now, just tilt your head to one side and you'll do fine:















Then I spent about 6~8 hours over a weekend to draw this little thing:





























Not very wonderful, though, especially since the scan looks a little bit warped (or maybe it's just denial). But then again, I haven't drawn a proper portrait in an entire year, and this is only my second ever (my first subject was Julia Stiles, but it didn't turn out too well...).

Anyways, just a shameless plug. Have a good week everyone.

Zhen was here at 2:55 pm,