Saturday, April 23, 2005

Sleeptime Occurences

If you have yet to read my previous post, I suggest you do before proceeding to read the descriptions of some of the more interesting dreams I have had recently. I find dreams intriguing, so I try to remember them. You may find the prospect me sharing dreams boring:

Just yesterday I had this one dream that ended really weirdly. I was sitting on a couch, and there was this peculiar-looking black arowana-like fish swimming around in the air in the room (fish swimming in air tend to appear quite often in my dreams, strangely) which I, even more peculiarly, decided that it was a shark. Even stranger still, I stuck my foot out to lure it to bite me. It took the bait, but before it could do any damage, I beat it with a pillow several times to shake it off. After it retreated and went back to minding its own business, I stuck my foot out again, and got the same response and results. And the whole thing repeated itself several times. When it finally bit me, I woke up.

Now for the next dream:

Last year, during the weekend before the study break before my JC1 promotional exams, I dreamt that my roommates and I were visited by an Indian guy about our age, his mom and his little sister. It turned out that the Indian guy was to be our new roommate (our room had an empty bed then), but after being introduced to him, he suddenly disappeared. The room's dimensions changed too, and all that was left was the little girl. And she spoke Cantonese to me, which led me to conclude that the family were Indians from Hong Kong. Then I got up. I immediately related the story to my roommate, Yee Kiat. Expectedly, we got a good laugh out of it. See, dreams spillover to the real world.

But here's the weird part; three days later, a hostel officer came around in the afternoon and told us that we were going to have a new roommate. There's a slight difference though; instead of an Indian Hong Konger, we got a Thai dude named Natt Kutikun; some of you may know him, he's a JC1 in SAJC right now. Now, that's the closest I've ever gotten to having a premonition... Give me some credit, at least. Heh heh.

This one is just plain scary...:

I just fell asleep, and was wandering around a room aimlessly, before facing a wall, where a picture was being hung. A picture of...

Jesus Christ.

Now, being not-so-very-religious and non-Christian to boot (and I don't plan on converting either, so to all hardcore evangelists out there, I am NOT interested), I got extremely freaked out; you don't really expect to see stuff like these appearing out of nowhere. I immediately realised that I was dreaming, and decided that it was about to turn into a nightmare. I forced myself awake just so I could go back to sleep again...

Zhen was here at 12:55 am,